1. Unfortunately, the hoped for "RadioSPORT" Demonstration as P5CW in the CQ WW CW DX Contest this weekend will not take place.
2. Multiple efforts for permission were made through my new P5 Envoy, the DPRK Mission to the UN and my personal direct communication to 7 DPRK Ministries (which included access to all related documentation and realtime Petition data via a Password Protected webpage).
3. In a further attempt to help the DPRK AUTHORITIES grasp the potential POSITIVE GLOBAL PUBLIC RELATIONS benefits to them associated with the special 150th ITU Anniversary event proposal, final efforts included a turnkey Sample-Draft PRESS RELEASE. You can view a copy of the document HERE. IMHO, the DPRK missed out a great opportunity.
4. When I started this quest in 2006, the initial "No" responses were always "Not until relations improve between our two countries." As my efforts persisted, I was later further encouraged to continue when something occurred most people never thought would happen. That being, the "Star Spangled Banner" (USA National Anthem) was performed live in Pyongyang by the New York Philharmonic on February 26, 2008, and was considered to be a significant event in North Korea-United States relations. This included a live broadcast of the concert on Korean Central Television. The DPRK Official I was in frequent contact with at the time was in attendance.
5. As previously indicated, I believe "THE INTERVIEW" movie released late last year did much damage to DPRK-USA relations for any matter of consequence or complexity. The "Hermit Kingdom" mindset in the DPRK continues to present challenges. However, there *could* be significant major changes to occur in the entire landscape there *much* sooner than later.
6. Perhaps I should resurrect my "Ventriloquist" act, buy a copy of Rosetta Stone, learn Korean and tender a new proposal to perform in Pyongyang (in conjunction with a P5CW activation, of course). One condition might be that Dear Leader, Jr. be a "Human Ventriloquist Figure" in my act like those in the final segment of an old 1999 VHS video I just converted and uploaded to my (Eric Hilding) channel on YOU TUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQrjtSa98w ). Note: Some browsers may require copy & pasting the full URL into a new window for viewing.
7. Tnx again to all who have participated in this challenging project to date. "Stay Tuned..."
Rick - K 6 V V A * The Locust